Saturday, November 29, 2008

Cat update


The week we were in Mexico the cats were at Petco, and Boo was adopted! So Mija, Jet and Onyx are left. Yesterday I picked up Thursday, a little orange kitten who is in need of socialization. Poor little guy was neutered 2 days ago and then yesterday he was taken away from his siblings to be put with our 3 cats instead. He has been hunkered down ever since arriving and growls and trembles when I pet him. The other cats have sniffed him out but generally leave him alone since he growls and spits if they get too close.


Upon arriving Thursday immediately secreted himself in the most secure space he could find behind the cat cage. I set up a box for him lined with a tshirt, but when I picked him up to put him into it he darted under a cabinet. I took it as a good sign that he did soon move into the box on his own. This morning he was in a paper bag the cats play in, so I'm not sure if he spent the night in there. He has since moved back to his box. I did see him get up to eat and drink once!


The other cats seem to be getting bigger every day. They have learned not to get on the dining room table, but are now almost large enough to jump on the kitchen counter. They are all still very friendly and love to nap with you if you're sitting on the couch. Three cats is almost as good as a blanket!

No comments: